February 14, 2009

Question

At the last of the CSR class today, we got a question from teacher.
Professor asked us, "Do you know how many apples are there inside of one seed?"
He is sort of unique instructor, I think. He always ask myself and us "Do you remember what we do now,for example today's case, 5 years from now? "
He usually finishes course one hour earlier and he says "Enjoy!".

I do not still get the answer for the question,How many apples are there in inside of one seed?.
It can be so many apples and can be few apples meaning that it really depends on how long the tree live. And climate, animals, insect, human being, and so many things would affect the apple tree and the number of apples the tree can bear in one year.
I mean I can not say the exact number because of its unpredictability.
But one thing I can say for sure is an apple seed has tremendous possibility to produce the apples.
By the way, an apple has some interesting stories.
One of them is the story about Adam and Eve.
Another story is about the discovery by Newton who inferred the existence of the gravity when he saw an apple dropping from the branch.

Apple has possibility, this is my answer I can say now.

2 comments:

Nishimaki Naosuke said...

"tremendous"
Steve Jobsの好きなワードトップ5に入りますね。

英語うまくなってますね!
当たり前だけど、ちょっとビックリです。

akira_enomoto said...

"phenomenal"はBill GatesもSteve Jobsもよく使う気がする。Richard Floridaも使ってたな。でも、そう考えるとごく一般的に使われてるような気もする。

ありがとう。
全然自覚は無いなー。特にスピーキングとかまだまだだね。